The Federal Government of the United Arab Emirates recognizes the growing role of social media in strengthening the relationship between the government and the various groups of the public, enhancing their satisfaction rate and turning them from mere recipients of government services into government key policymakers.
From this point, the Federal Electricity and Water Authority has launched its pages on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube) to promote direct and continuous communication with its customers, in compliance with the general principles set forth in the “Use of Social Media Platforms in the UAE Government” guide manual, issued by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority.
The Competent Entity:
- The Corporate Communication Department at FEWA undertakes the task of managing and observing the official social networking pages of FEWA.
- It is responsible also for providing indicators and reports related to FEWA social pages, as requested by the top management, or the requirements of the strategic and operational plans of FEWA, in order to evaluate the performance, and ascertain the feasibility of using social media platforms for both parties (FEWA & customers or followers).
The official social networking pages of FEWA is managed as follows:
- Publish the news of the activities of FEWA and its events and initiatives briefly and simply.
- Publishing may take place at any time daily as needed.
- FEWA shall be responsible for responding to the inquiries on the pages within the limits of its competence as soon as possible, during the official working hours from 7 am to 2 pm (except Fridays and Saturdays), and may require some postponement of the response until obtaining the required information from the competent department.
- FEWA has the right to use its social networking pages in public awareness and to establish a culture of rationalization of consumption or safety practices, and to strengthen its plans to achieve sustainable development and dissemination of knowledge.
Our Commitment towards You:
- We will address you with respect, friendliness, and full attention.
- We will respond to your inquiries as soon as possible.
- We will provide you with accurate information.
- We will always welcome your comments and suggestions on the pages.
What We Hope to Find When Communicating with You:
- Appreciating our employees' efforts and dealing with them with mutual respect.
- Keening to adherence to laws and public morals.
- Do not post any comments that breach security.
- Do not post any comments that affect any particular human class on the basis of sex, ethnicity, creed, etc.
- Do not post any comments or information that violate intellectual property rights of others.
- Do not post any comments that contain advertisements or promote a trade.
The Federal Electricity and Water Authority has the right to remove any offensive or inappropriate posting or participation, and the right to block the participant in these cases.